Share this Article: [social-share align=”left” style=”icon” size=”m” nospace=”no” animation=”no” counters=”0″ buttons=”facebook,twitter,mail,messenger”]
How To Join A Zoom Support Group Session
Step 1. Download The Zoom App
Before joining a scheduled group session download a Zoom App. Select the device you will be using. The download link will take your “Zoom Client For Meetings”. Note this IS NOT A ZOOM ACCOUNT and you do not need a Zoom Account to attend a meeting.
Step 2. Joining A Support Group Meeting
On the day of the session, you will receive an email reminder. Following is only an example, so do not try this example meeting.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 954 0607 1633
To join a meeting, click the “Join Zoom” link and follow the prompts. We suggest you sign-in several minutes for your first meeting to address and trouble shoot for any problems that may exist.
For most of you:
- This will takes to the meeting access point – a square box in the middle of your device screen.
- Inside the “blue box” it will say – Zoom Meeting.
- To launch into the meeting – Click on OPEN LINK at the bottom of the square.
- See yourself on screen – Click on the blue box – Join With Video below your picture.
- The next screen – Click on the blue box – Join With Computer Audio.
- At the top right of the screen – Click On Enter Full Screen.
- YOU SHOULD IN THE MEETING. And we are glad to see you.
Step 3. Overview - After You Have Joined A Zoom Meeting
When you join a Zoom meeting hosting by another user, you are considered an “Attendee”.
When on a PC, the attendee controls appear at the bottom of your screen.
When on a MAC, the attendee controls appear at the top of the screen.
Member attendees should have access to a Control Toolbar with features from left to right shown above.
Step 4. Viewing and Controlling Your Control Toolbar
- Mute / Unmute Microphone: Click the respective icon to “Unmute to Talk” or “Mute to Silence Your Microphone”.
- Start Video / Stop Video. Turns your camera on or off to either permit or not permit others to see your photo. However, you will still be able watch the entirety of the session.
- View Member Participants. See who is currently in the meeting. Click on the respective icon and the list of participants will appear at the right of the screen.
- Share Screen. You will not need this to participate in the Zoom Meeting.
- Chat. Click the chat window to submit questions of the speaker. Chat will open at the right side of the screen. Go to the bottom and see “type message”. Type your message (ie: hello everyone) and click the enter button on your device.
- Record. Attendees do not have access to this function.
- Leave The Meeting. An Attendee can exit the meeting at any time while the meeting still continues. Click on “LEAVE” and follow the prompts. Only the Host Can Conclude The Meeting.